Building a resilient MSME financial sector for inclusive growth in West and Central Africa
WITH HIGH LEVEL ATTENDEES FROM BANKS AND MFIs FROM ACROSS AFRICA
INDUSTRY EXPERT SPEAKERS
INTERACTIVE PRESENTATIONS & PANEL DISCUSSIONS
LEARNING SESSION SELECTIONS
ABOUT THE ACADEMY
As part of the European Investment Bank (EIB) Financial Sector Technical Assistance Program for West and Central Africa, EIB in partnership with MFW4A organized the EIB Academy – a two-day forum which took place on 5 – 6 October 2021.
The EIB Academy is a well-established and recognized exchange forum and learning format that, in recent years, has been held physically in an African capital. Given the current circumstances, the 2021 version was virtual and therefore accessible to a much wider audience.
Debates and interactive presentations were led to reflect on various essential themes such as; how financial institutions (FIs) in the region can encourage entrepreneurship, integrate climate challenges into their operations, promote gender financing, pursue opportunities in the digitalization of services and operations and much more!
DAY ONE: TUESDAY, 5 OCTOBER 2021
Attendees had access to a full day of thought-provoking debates and panel discussions, covering:
- EIB engagement in financial operations in West and Central Africa including related TA programme
- Regional perspectives on SME banking and microfinance
- Trends in macro-economic and financial sector performance
- Implementation of banking reforms, implications of the ongoing pandemic on banking services including capital adequacy requirements and digital investment measures.
- MSME finance in the new normal: Risks and opportunities
- Green finance in West and Central Africa: Perspectives for financial institutions
- Finance with a Gender Lens: Experiences and achievements
- Digitalization and ways to digitize financial services: State of affairs in West and Central Africa
DAY TWO: WEDNESDAY, 6 OCTOBER 2021
Attendees had the choice between 1 of 2 topics per session on day two, covering:
Insights into best practices on green finance, gender finance and digitization
Insights from leaders in the DFI, banking and MSME space in West & Central Africa
Engagement in a blend of conference and workshop formats to optimize learning and takeaways
Networking via a state-of-the-art digital platform with everyone you need to know in MSME finance in two leading African regions
Contributions to shaping the future of MSME finance for the regions
The main language was French; simultaneous translation (French-English/English-French) was provided.
5 October 2021: 09:00 – 17:30
6 October 2021: 09:00 – 16:00
Time zone reflected as GMT